Do you ever feel discouraged or does disappointment seem to get the best of you? If we were all honest, we would have to say that we have been disappointed throughout life and sometimes that has led to discouragement. I want to encourage you with a word from the Lord today. Christ has given us some promises that are incredible.
Before we go into the promises of Christ let me ask you a question. Do you know of any sin or hindrance in your Christianity? If so you need to confess it and forsake it right now. Proverbs 28:13 “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.” Christ will not be obligated to give you the promises of God if you have unconfessed sin in your life. Maybe you can’t think of any unconfessed sin in your life. I know personally if I feel that I have confessed my sin and I still feel discouraged I will ask God to forgive my unbelief. Romans 14:23 “For whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”
Once you have confessed to Christ you can claim these promises:
- Your steps are Ordered
- Psalm 37:23-24 “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.”
- You have nothing to fear!
- Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
- God only gives his children the best.
- Psalm 84:11 “No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”
- You can have perfect peace!
- Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
With these in mind you should be able to rest in the Lord and find the cloud of discouragement has disappeared. Why? The reason is the awesome power of the Word of God has been released by your faith resting in those promises.